September 10, 2000 8:40 PM PDT

Western Union Web site hacked

"Human error" allowed a hacker to copy the credit card and debit card information of about 15,700 customers from Western Union's Web site, the company said today.

The money-transferring company first learned of the hacking Friday. A Western Union spokesman said the vulnerability was caused when "performance management files" were left open on the site during routine maintenance, allowing the hacker access. He did not know when the maintenance began or how long the site had been left unprotected.

"We are still in the due diligence period," said Peter Ziverts, a spokesman for the Englewood, Colo.-based company. "But this wasn't an architectural problem; this was due to human error."

Ziverts said that he did not know how long the site would be out of service, indicating that it would be "at least a few days."

Company representatives began contacting customers during the weekend via email and telephone.

One customer reported learning of the hacking from an answering machine message left by someone identifying himself as a Western Union president.

"Sounds like a big (mistake) on someone's part at a site you'd expect to be locked down tight," the customer said.

Western Union, a subsidiary of First Data, said no instances of credit card fraud had been reported to the company.

As CNET News.com reported earlier, American Express announced last week that it will offer disposable credit card numbers for safer online shopping, part of a bid to address privacy and security issues analysts say have slowed the growth of e-commerce.

Online money transfer accounts for an "absolutely minuscule" portion of the company's total transactions, Ziverts said. He would not say how much online business the company has lost because of the problem.

The main page of the company's Web site was replaced this weekend with a message saying the site was out of service. The message also directed customers to call a toll-free number to reach a company agent.

The company is investigating the breach, but Ziverts declined to provide further details about the probe or to say what agencies were involved.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Hello to every one who gets access to me...I am here to hack so if you really believe that you can join me to do that can you add me on dean.scotte@yahoo.com...
Posted by deanscotte (1 comment )
I'm Seller for: CC, CVV US,UK,CA, EURO,AU...all cc. Paypal verify, Software Spam mail mail list, code PHP,Shop Admin and CC fullz info, CC DOB, Dump, Banklogin, Pri sock....Domain hosting.

If you want to test you must send money for me

Contact me if you need it: Email: goodcvv_lryahoo.com
Contac me yahoo:goodcvv_lr
Payment via LR or WU

Sell Bank account info US: 7$

"Sell cvv US UK AU EU full info live 100% good price"

1 Sock live = 1$/1sock live > 5day

1 US ( visa,master) = 2$ /cvv ( buy > 30 Price 1.5 $/ 1cvv)

1 US (Amex,dis) = 3$/cvv ( buy > 30 price 2.5$ /1cvv)

1 UK CVV(visa, Mc) = 3$/cvv

1 Uk check bins= 12.5$/1cvv

1 Ca CVV = 6$/CVV

1 EU CVV = 12$/CVV

1 AU CVV = 8 $/CV

1 US CVV full info = 100$/CVV

1 UK CVV full info = 150$/CVV

1 US CVV full info = 150$/CVV

1 UK CVV full info = 200$/CVV
Contac me yahoo: goodcvv_lr
Contact me Email: goodcvv_lr@yahoo.com
Posted by goodcvv_lr (3 comments )

If you want to test you must send money for me

Contact me if you need it: Email: goodcvv_lryahoo.com
Contac me yahoo:goodcvv_lr
Payment via LR or WU

Sell Bank account info US: 7$

"Sell cvv US UK AU EU full info live 100% good price"

1 Sock live = 1$/1sock live > 5day

1 US ( visa,master) = 2$ /cvv ( buy > 30 Price 1.5 $/ 1cvv)

1 US (Amex,dis) = 3$/cvv ( buy > 30 price 2.5$ /1cvv)

1 UK CVV(visa, Mc) = 3$/cvv

1 Uk check bins= 12.5$/1cvv

1 Ca CVV = 6$/CVV

1 EU CVV = 12$/CVV

1 AU CVV = 8 $/CV

1 US CVV full info = 100$/CVV

1 UK CVV full info = 150$/CVV

1 US CVV full info = 150$/CVV

1 UK CVV full info = 200$/CVV
Contac me yahoo: goodcvv_lr
Contact me Email: goodcvv_lr@yahoo.com
Posted by goodcvv_lr (3 comments )
I SELL CVV AND BANK LOGINS AND WU TRASER CONTAC ME
YAHOO: goodcvv_lr
Posted by goodcvv_lr (3 comments )
Worldwide CVVs Shop | VERIFIED SELLER |

Hello all buyer : i'm a professional Hacker and i have for all goods good and fresh live cc my CVV are the best for you. with up to $3500 inside each of them
I'm Seller for: CC, CVV US,UK,CA, EURO,AU, Italian,Japan,France,...all cc. Paypal verify, Software Spam mail mail list,
CC fullz info, CC DOB, Dump
sell cvv.i can also Hack money to your private bank account with the bank not nowing,i can also transfer money that is up to $5,000 to your cc,visa, master card or any other card.
i can also Hack thousands of dollars to your paypal account, liberty reserve account Alert pay account or any online account.
we also teach people How to hack cc, bank transwer. western union transfer...and lot more

i don't sale my cc for $5 or $20 dollars cos am not a scam.. i work very hard to get my card..so if you are looking for cc of $20 or $30..don't contact me...

cc number|Card Exp date |cvv|Name|Mailing Address|City|State|Zip Code|phone number|email.
o
brazil .italy cc have dob..

if u interested . contact me => creditcard_shop@yahoo.com

windoow live meesenger.. creditcard_shop@hotmail.com

I present to you all a new service. Pro hacker software.
Hack Money in Bank Account transfer by Western Union online and 24/24.
with all countrys.
Hack Money in Band Transfer by Western union or (acc bank) to you
with your infor you can pick up money
*THIS IS PRICE DO HACK WESTERN UNION*
===>You Pay for me I Hack Transfer Western union <===

***************** Prices WesternUnion Online Transfer *********************
-Transfer(Eu,Uk,Asia,Canada,Us,France,Germany,Italy and very easy to do African)
-WU 30000$ = 2500$
-WU 2500$ = 200$
-WU 2000$ = 150$
-WU 1500$ = 100$
-I tranfer minimum 1500$ with price 100$ first for u trust
-Western Union Online Software(Western Union Bug(WU Bug):800$
After 20 mins you payment for me.I tracking if real.i will do hack transfer
money and send you MTCN now.

Yahoo messenger : creditcard_shop
emial me on. creditcard_shop@yahoo.com
.... don"t ask for free one.
* List cc i have and prices :

me fee.
ATM Skimmer Wincor Nixdorf : $ 3000
ATM Skimmer Wincor : $ 3000
Then i will do transfer's for you, After
about 20 mins you'll have MTCN and sender
name
add me on your yahoo messnger.. creditcard_shop
or email me. creditcard_shop@yahoo.com
DONT ASK FOR FREE TEST,PAY BEFORE SERVICE. I CHANG ANY DEAD CARD
I accept LR or WU but i only accept WU > $70 and above
- I was so happy to see you actually make more money from the business with me
Thank you all! When you trust me, work with me. And if dont trust me,dont contact me, dont waste time.
I only work with reliable buyers

Yahoo Messenger:creditcard_shop

windoow live meesenger.. creditcard_shop@hotmail.com

E-mail: creditcard_shop@yahoo.com
Posted by creditcards (1 comment )
Worldwide CVVs Shop | VERIFIED SELLER |

I'm Seller for: CC, CVV US,UK,CA, EURO,AU, Italian,Japan,France,swit...all cc. Paypal verify, Software Spam mail mail list,
CC fullz info, CC DOB, Dump
i can also Hack thousands of dollars to your paypal account, Perfect money account Alert pay account or any online account. we also sale money pack in a very low rate.

o
brazil .italy cc have dob..

EMAIL ADDRESS... wubanklogin@yahoo.com

yahoo messenger... wubanklogin@yahoo.com

skype.............. daniel.morris897

Gmail.... wu.banklogins@gmail.com

ICQ....... 649483672

I present to you all a new service. Pro hacker software.
Hack Money in Bank Account transfer by Western Union online and 24/24.
with all countrys.

-WU 3000$ = 250$
-WU 2500$ = 200$
-WU 1500$ = 150$
-I tranfer minimum 1500$ with price 150$ first for u trust
-Western Union Online Software(Western Union Bug(WU Bug):800$
After 20 mins you payment for me.I tracking if real.i will do hack transfer
money and send you MTCN now.

-------------------- SHIPPING(Laptop + Iphone + Ipad) -------------
*************
EMAIL ADDRESS... wubanklogin@yahoo.com

yahoo messenger... wubanklogin@yahoo.com

skype.............. daniel.morris897

E-mail:.... wubanklogin@yahoo.com

ICQ....... 649483672

.... don"t ask for free one.
* List cc i have and prices :

Then i will do transfer's for you, After
about 20 mins you'll have MTCN and sender
name .

DONT ASK FOR FREE TEST,PAY BEFORE SERVICE. I CHANG ANY DEAD CARD
I accept PM or WU but i only accept WU > $150 and above
- I was so happy to see you actually make more money from the business with me
I only work with reliable buyer

EMAIL ADDRESS... wubanklogin@yahoo.com

yahoo messenger... wubanklogin@yahoo.com

skype.............. daniel.morris897

E-mail:.... wubanklogin@yahoo.com

ICQ....... 649483672

Gmail.... wu.banklogins@gmail.com
Posted by Hackexx (1 comment )