February 24, 2008 9:30 AM PST

Pakistan blocks YouTube over cartoons

Pakistan blocks YouTube over cartoons
Related Stories

Should YouTube play the censor and sentinel?

November 9, 2007

Pakistan orders local Internet service providers to block access to the popular YouTube Web site because of cartoons of the Prophet Mohammad that have outraged many Muslims.

The story "Pakistan blocks YouTube over cartoons" published February 24, 2008 at 9:30 AM is no longer available on CNET News.

Content from Reuters expires after 30 days.

Cry Babies.
And I thought only George Bush was a whinning brat. Now it seems the Islams can't face reality either.
Posted by Seaspray0 (9714 comments )
What is next?
Islam-based websites only, quran contents only, apology of lapidation, implementation of the sharia in the law... Glorious!

Technology, future, science, open-mind, free-thinking, criticism: concepts and ideas that are not part of some cultures...
Posted by jowewo (16 comments )
How to circumvent ?
So ... here is the challenge to our tech savvy friends ? If you are in Pakistan (or any other country for that matter), and the local ISP is doing what Pakistan Telecom is doing to YouTube, what can you do to circumvent their blockade ?
Posted by jdrachmat (21 comments )
The offensive video to Pakistan
I think that it might have been my video Tommy Bin Laden that caused the ruckus. I completed it this Saturday and posted it right away. It's supposed to be a parody of Osama, but in the tags I also put Pakistan as one of the lookups. The timing of my post and their ban seems awfully coincidental. This is the video (still up as of now) <a class="jive-link-external" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ka0S1bBWEHc" target="_newWindow">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ka0S1bBWEHc</a>
Posted by misterugly (2 comments )
In my country they send authors to prison
In the country I live, they send authors of not suitable cartoons to prison. Think its not so popular, but it works :D, exactly for me I do not care of the preventing of downloading movies. May be because I use VPN tunneling service from www.strongvpn.com . No any throttles while downloading. I&#8217;m really glad to have it. Hope it can help others.
Posted by wolfenok (5 comments )
use this web site to unblock youtube.
Posted by unblockproxy (1 comment )