Monday's CNET Update has the power:
Facebook pushes you to vote
The CNET New York office has reopened, and it's great to be back to give you today's tech news roundup:
- Apple sold 3 million iPads in the three days since new models went on sale. That number includes the sales of two models: the iPad Mini fourth-generation iPad. But the bulk of the sales are estimated to be for the smaller tablet.
- Tuesday is election day in the U.S., so prepare to be bombarded with voting reminders and peer pressure on social media. Facebook is making a big push for people to vote, and Uber is giving free rides to polling stations.
- Barnes & Noble dropped the prices of older Nook models. The Nook Tablet starts at $160 for 8GB of storage, and $180 for 16GB. The Nook Color dropped to $140. But that new Nook HD Tablet is still $200.
- Twitter is working on a way for users to put filters on photos posted from the Twitter app, according to a report from The New York Times. It would be similar to Instagram filters.
- Thousands of Instagram users were fooled by spam accounts posing as major airlines, all promising the same deal: a free flight to the first 10 or 20 thousand followers that give a "shout out" to the account. Spam on Instagram is on the rise, so be aware before you jump into any promotion that seems too good to be true.
Watch CNET Update in the video above, or subscribe to the podcast via the links below.
iTunes (HD) | iTunes (SD) | iTunes (HQ)
RSS (HD) | RSS (SD) | RSS (HQ)