What's the only thing better than a cheap deal? A freebie, of course.
As you may recall from last Friday, I'm celebrating five years as The Cheapskate. (Confession: I think it's the single longest job I've ever held. It's definitely the best.) Where, oh, where did the time go?
I don't know (I've looked everywhere, even under the couch), but I'm thrilled to have the chance to offer some great prizes during this monthlong contest-fest. Today, the extremely awesome folks at Sling Media have offered up a Slingbox 350, which has an MSRP of $179.99.
The Slingbox is one of those gizmos that people seriously love. With it you can stream live (and recorded) TV from your cable box or DVR to just about anywhere and just about any device: laptop, tablet, phone, and so on.
So, for example, if you're traveling and want to watch a hometown sporting event, the Slingbox makes it possible. And the 350 is a brand-new model, introduced just last month, with an eye-catching, compact design and support for 1080p resolution.
CNET hasn't yet reviewed the Slingbox 350, but I recently spent some time testing one, and it worked beautifully. If you've been wishing for a way to placeshift your shows, you'll definitely want to try to win this.
To do so, simply leave a comment below! But sneak a peek at the complete rules first:
- Register as a CNET user. Go to the Join the Conversation section below my blog post and hit the Add Your Comment button. If you're not already registered please do so. If you're already registered, there's no need to register again -- you just need to be logged in.
- Leave a comment below. You can leave whatever comment you want. If it's funny or insightful, it won't help you win, but we're trying to have fun here, so anything entertaining is appreciated.
- Leave only one comment. You may enter for this specific giveaway only once. If you enter more than one comment, you will be automatically disqualified.
- The winner will be chosen randomly. The winner will receive one (1) Slingbox 350, which has a list price of $179.99.
- If you are chosen, you will be notified via e-mail. The winner must respond within three days of the end of the sweepstakes. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen.
- Entries can be submitted until Sunday, November 18, at noon ET.
Some legalese: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to legal residents of the U.S., at least 18, at date of entry. Void where prohibited. Ends November 18, 2012. See rules for details.
So thanks again for reading The Cheapskate, thanks for entering the contest, and good luck! Be sure to check back next Friday for an even bigger giveaway!
Bonus deal: Speaking of "slinging," one of my favorite streaming services is having a killer sale. For a limited time, you can get a lifetime PlayOn license for $39.99 -- or one year of the service for just $19.99. PlayOn turns your PC into something akin to a Roku box, streaming all kinds of services (Netflix, Hulu Plus, and so on) and networks (CBS, ESPN, Nick) to all kinds of devices. It's one of the best weapons in a cord-cutter's arsenal.
Deals found on The Cheapskate are subject to availability, expiration, and other terms determined by sellers.
Curious about what exactly The Cheapskate does and how it works? Read our FAQ.