Need your mobile Facebook fix but don't have any data coverage? T-Mobile has one option for you.
T-Mobile has tweaked its GoSmart Mobile prepaid wireless plan to offer free Facebook and Facebook Messenger access for all customers starting in January. That means subscribers can use Facebook without chewing up their data allowance or without even needing a data plan.
- Why Sprint's push for a T-Mobile merger will likely be in vain
- 94% of BlackBerry users traded in for a different device -- report
- Sprint chairman to make plea for T-Mobile merger, despite concerns
- BlackBerry CEO: We're readying another flagship to win over new customers
- Isis CEO: Foundation is here for mobile payments
Rolled out early this year, GoSmart Mobile is aimed at consumers who want low-cost unlimited mobile coverage. The plans range from $25 a month for unlimited talk to $45 a month for unlimited talk and text and 5GB of 3G data.
Mobile consumers can hop onto the program by purchasing a phone directly from GoSmart or by spending $8 for a GoSmart Mobile SIM and installing it on their GSM unlocked phone. Subscribers will be able to access Facebook by logging in from a mobile browser or by running the Facebook app on their phone.
"Facebook's mission is to give people the power to share and make the world more open and connected, and we're delighted that GoSmart subscribers, many who don't have data access, will be able to use Facebook for free," Chris Daniels, vice president of partnerships at Facebook, said in a statement.