Rumors have been flying that Nokia is coming out with a gargantuan 6-inch Windows Phone codenamed the "Bandit."
Up until today, sightings of the device have been scarce, but Windows Phone Central received a leaked photo that it believes displays the Nokia Lumia 1520. The news site said it couldn't fully confirm the phone in the image but has a strong suspicion it's the Bandit.
- Microsoft board not so keen on Nokia deal at first
- Google, Samsung diss MicroNokia in China -- report
- Nokia Mix Radio will be a 'key contributor' to Microsoft, says Nokia exec
- 'The map comes alive': Nokia Here boss dreams of drones, self-driving cars
- Microsoft's hardware chief changes roles before Elop return
If Nokia comes out with this 6-inch device, it would definitely be a move into phablet territory for the phone maker. A similar smartphone is Samsung's Galaxy Mega, which offers a display size of 6.3 inches encroaching closer to the 7-inch screen size adopted by small tablets such as the Google Nexus and Samsung Galaxy Tab.
According to Windows Phone Central, the reported launch date for the supersized Nokia Lumia 1520 could be sometime toward the end of September.