Google released an official version of its Play Music app for Google Glass on Monday.
- Joy! Google Glass app tells you how other people are feeling
- Corning exec slams sapphire -- rumored for Apple device
- Google Glass updates slow down ahead of KitKat upgrade
- The definitive guide to not being a Glasshole
- The two things that need to happen before wearable tech goes mainstream: Google and Apple
The app, announced in a Google+ post by Glass engineer Stephen Lau, follows two November Glass announcements: that there will be branded and pricey Google Glass earbuds, and the public availability of the Google Glass Development Kit preview. The GDK let developers build apps that use more of Glass's hardware features than before.
Glass owners who previously had sideloaded the Google Play Music app Music2.apk are advised to uninstall it before installing the official Glassware version. Otherwise, the official app will not install.