The deal has not been finalized, and the report said that the move had nothing to do with Couric's talk show on the network, which had been suffering in ratings.
- Yahoo buys Vizify, firm that visualizes social-media data
- Yahoo to require Yahoo ID; no more Facebook or Google logins
- Yahoo testing app-install ads similar to Facebook's
- Yahoo taps TrustyCon co-founder Alex Stamos for chief information security officer
- Yahoo, ICQ chats still vulnerable to government snoops
At a conference in San Francisco earlier this week, Mayer said Yahoo is about "entertaining." "When you look at, 'What is Yahoo's core verb?' Some companies aim to connect. Some companies aim to organize," she said. "Us, it's been around entertaining."
Indeed, it looks like it.