Yahoo has reportedly made a bid to buy online video service Hulu.
- Yahoo buys Vizify, firm that visualizes social-media data
- Yahoo to require Yahoo ID; no more Facebook or Google logins
- Yahoo testing app-install ads similar to Facebook's
- Yahoo taps TrustyCon co-founder Alex Stamos for chief information security officer
- Yahoo, ICQ chats still vulnerable to government snoops
Yahoo joins others such as Directv, Time Warner Cable, and The Chernin Group in making a play for Hulu, which is jointly owned by Walt Disney, News Corp., and Comcast. Guggenheim Digital, headed by former interim Yahoo CEO Ross Levinsohn, is also in the mix.
The Internet titan's interest in Hulu closely follows its failed attempt to acquire a majority stake in video site Dailymotion.