While Swann is known for its security cameras, the company recently entered the RC helicopter arena, and to kick off the launch of its new line, it's offering up this Emergency Strike model to one lucky winner here on Crave.
Here's what Swann has to say about the Emergency Strike:
This Swann Emergency Strike remote-controlled helicopter is a miniature version of the choppers you see at search and rescue operations around the world. Put yourself in the picture and save the day with this mini, fully functional version of the real thing. Equipped with the latest Gyroscope technology and multi-directional infra-red remote control, you can fly up, down, backwards, forwards, and sideways with ease. Powered by a built-in rechargeable Lithium battery, simply plug the charging lead into the infrared controller for 50-60 minutes to have at least 8 minutes indoor flying time.
Normally, the Swann Emergency Strike RC helicopter costs $60, but you have a chance to get one gratis. So, how do you try to win this RC helicopter? Let me enumerate the basic rules. Please read them carefully; there will be a test.
- Register as a CNET user. Go to the top of this page and hit the "Join CNET" link to start the registration process. If you're already registered, there's no need to register again.
- Leave a comment below. You can leave whatever comment you want. If it's funny or insightful, it won't help you win, but we're trying to have fun here, so anything entertaining is appreciated.
- Leave only one comment. You may enter for this specific giveaway only once. If you enter more than one comment, you will be automatically disqualified.
- The winner will be chosen randomly. The winner will receive one (1) Swann Emergency Strike RC helicopter with a retail value of $60.
- If you are chosen, you will be notified via e-mail. The winner must respond within three days of the end of the contest. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen.
- Entries can be submitted until Monday, May 9, at 12 p.m. EST.
And here's the disclaimer that our legal department said we had to include (sorry for the caps, but rules are rules):
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. MUST BE LEGAL RESIDENT OF ONE OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR D.C., 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT DATE OF ENTRY INTO SWEEPSTAKES. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, ALL U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Sweepstakes ends at 12 p.m. EST on May 9, 2011. See official rules for details.