First, congrats to Michael of Elkhart, Ill, for winning the Swann RC helicopter in last week's giveaway. Now on to this week, where we move into the desktop speaker arena with the Antec Soundscience Rockus, a 2.1 speaker system that the company says "creates a personal home theater experience that brings the power and realism of 3D sound together with the clarity and accuracy of high-fidelity audio."
Here's what Antec has to say about Rockus:
- Anodized aluminum satellites reduce vibration and minimize distortion, resulting in clear mid and sparkling high-range sound.
- Active subwoofer with passive radiator technology, delivering an expansive range of bass comparable to larger footprint subwoofers.
- 3D-tuned drivers to deliver audio optimized for Soundscience's 3Dsst technology.
- Dual-mode operation: 3D mode for enveloping games and movies, and music mode for faithful stereo music playback.
- Optical input for playback of digital audio from game consoles (Xbox 360, PS3,) and other, similarly equipped devices.
- Remote control pod for volume adjustment, 3D/music mode selection, muting and digital/analog input selection.
- Register as a CNET user. Go to the top of this page and hit the "Join CNET" link to start the registration process. If you're already registered, there's no need to register again.
- Leave a comment below. You can leave whatever comment you want. If it's funny or insightful, it won't help you win, but we're trying to have fun here, so anything entertaining is appreciated.
- Leave only one comment. You may enter for this specific giveaway only once. If you enter more than one comment, you will be automatically disqualified.
- The winner will be chosen randomly. The winner will receive one (1) Antec Rockus speaker system with a retail value of $200.
- If you are chosen, you will be notified via e-mail. The winner must respond within three days of the end of the contest. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen.
- Entries can be submitted until Monday, May 16, at 12 p.m. EST.
And here's the disclaimer that our legal department said we had to include (sorry for the caps, but rules are rules):
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. MUST BE LEGAL RESIDENT OF ONE OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR D.C., 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT DATE OF ENTRY INTO SWEEPSTAKES. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, ALL U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Sweepstakes ends at 12 p.m. EST on May 16, 2011. See official rules for details.