May 3, 2005 5:44 PM PDT

Know anyone who looks like the 'Everquest' babe?

Related Stories

Sony creates auction site for game artifacts

April 20, 2005
Sony Online Entertainment today announced a contest to find a real-life version of "EverQuest II" heroine Antonia Bayle, Queen of Qeynos.

The competition, called "Quest for Antonia," encourages women (sorry, fellas) who think they look like the fetching brunette to send in pictures to the official contest Web site beginning May 17, just enough time to give potential entrants time to dye their hair and hit the gym for that only-in-games figure.

The contest will be co-sponsored by men's gadget monthly Stuff Magazine and culminate in Las Vegas on Aug. 13. Semi-finalists will be selected from the initial group through online voting, and five finalists will receive an all-expenses-paid trip to Vegas courtesy of SOE and Stuff. A pageant-style event complete with swimsuit competition and an interview session ("Peace across Norrath" anyone?) will crown the winner at the Palms Hotel & Casino.

Quest for Antonia

In addition to being the object of desire of every 20th-level dwarf online, the winner will receive a one-year modeling contract with SOE, a photo spread in Stuff and additional prizes.

"EverQuest II" is a massively multiplayer online role-playing game set in a fantasy realm. Players go on quests, battle monsters, and find treasure while powering up their character. Actress Heather Graham ("Boogie Nights," "Swingers") voices Antonia in the game.

"EverQuest II" is rated T for teen and retails for $29.99.

Tim Surette reported for GameSpot.

hmmm
Looks just like Mila Jovovich to me! lol
Posted by Scree (6 comments )
If I had
If I had a woman who looked like her, I would lock her up and damn sure would not be " on line" ahahahaha
To me
It would say it looks like Carmen Electra.
Carmen?
No way, carmen looks way better. The only problem is they can never render her consistently in the artwork and game so this might come down to the best-looking girl, not the most accurate-looking. Meh, she doesn't even look good to begin with.
Posted by Karios Kasra (62 comments )
unreal Quest
but not real, i doubt they will find a real "dubbler", it will end up just like "quest for lara croft" .. they chosen one very-good-looking babe who is not really similar to Lara.

We'll see..
Of course...
They could have had a Fyriona Vie lookalike contest for the first EverQuest, but Elisabeth Shue in a push-up bra would have walked off with it.
Posted by MrBoomshadow (256 comments )
I think they did...
It looks like they did find someone to fill her shoes:

<a class="jive-link-external" href="http://www.meryddian.net/vegasff2/fvie1.jpg" target="_newWindow">http://www.meryddian.net/vegasff2/fvie1.jpg</a>

But it's not Elizabeth, although I agree with you.
Posted by TNoreen (7 comments )
I entered
<a class="jive-link-external" href="http://questforantonia.station.sony.com/en/rate.vm?cId=127" target="_newWindow">http://questforantonia.station.sony.com/en/rate.vm?cId=127</a>
more playboy than game
I wish I could decline my entry...

I looked at the Stuff magazine site and saw nothing but sexual content and playboy like pictures. The winner of this contest gets a "sexy pictorial" in that magazine. I don't want that. I want to dress up as AB and have a blast at the fan fair... I want to have a picture in the Everquest news letters, not Stuff magazine.

The finalists are flown to vegas, which is great... but there they compete in a "swimsuit" contest. Why swimsuit? Why not costume?

And finaly the contract is worth $10,000, as far as I know. So you get no money, except for the "jobs" and "casting calls" SOE agents you out to, for a year.

I don't like any of that at all, now that I see it. I really do hope SOE keeps this clean and more gamelike than playboylike.
Which?
Which girl are you?
Posted by Crux78 (15 comments )