CNET Update ogles the dongle:
Chromecast makes streaming to TV cheap and easy
In this episode of Update, Bridget Carey breaks down the big news from Google, including:
- The crazy-cheap Chromecast dongle, which streams video and music from phones, tablets and computers to any HD TV.
- New versions of the Nexus 7 tablet, on sale July 30 starting at $230.
- Updated features of Android 4.3, which is rolling out first to Nexus devices.
- The launch of the Google Play Games app, which lets you see what games your friends are playing.
- In August, Google Play will roll out a store for digital textbooks. Renting a textbook for six months would cost 80% less than buying the book.
CNET Update delivers the tech news you need in under three minutes. Watch Bridget Carey every afternoon for a breakdown of the big stories, hot devices, new apps, and what's ahead. Subscribe to the podcast via the links below.
iTunes (HD) | iTunes (SD) | iTunes (HQ)
RSS (HD) | RSS (SD) | RSS (HQ)