Tuesday's CNET Update is counting the converts:
Surface Pro launching February 9
Stories from today's tech news roundup:
- Microsoft announced that its Surface Pro tablet will hit stores Feb. 9. Unlike the Surface RT tablet, this Pro version will run any Windows program.
- A new report out says that Apple still holds the lead for U.S. smartphone sales, and that there are more people converting from Android to iOS.
- Verizon released iPhone sales data in its fourth quarter earnings report. Apple will release its earnings report Wednesday afternoon.
- AT&T announced it will spend $780 million to buy the U.S. carrier Alltel, which operates in six states. If approved by regulators, it would give AT&T more wireless spectrum to expand its 4G LTE network.
- A new application called Facewash scans your Facebook profile for profane language. It reviews all the comments, photo captions, links, status updates, group pages -- even things you've marked that you "liked" -- to help you tidy up your online image.
Watch CNET Update in the video above, or subscribe to the podcast via the links below.
iTunes (HD) | iTunes (SD) | iTunes (HQ)
RSS (HD) | RSS (SD) | RSS (HQ)