Wednesday's CNET Update is watching Windows:
Windows 8 sales off to brisk start
A Microsoft executive revealed that 40 million licenses of Windows 8 have been sold since it came out last month. These numbers include both consumers and manufacturers, so Windows 8 isn't in 40 million homes. But to compare, Windows 7 hit sales of 60 million the first two months. Some say Windows 8 is off to an awkward start, and there is a learning curve with the new system.
Also in today's tech news roundup:
- Gmail works with Google Drive to let users send 10GB files.
- Vimeo makes it easier to create and share videos on its new iPhone app.
- Skype's updated iOS app lets users connect with a Microsoft account.
- Rdio gave its streaming music player a new look on Android and iOS.
- Xbox has an update to fix issues with SmartGlass and Xbox Music.
- Outlook.com boasts 25 million active users and now has its own Android app.
Watch CNET Update in the video above, or subscribe to the podcast via the links below.
iTunes (HD) | iTunes (SD) | iTunes (HQ)
RSS (HD) | RSS (SD) | RSS (HQ)