Tuesday's CNET Update is checking privacy settings:
E-mail bill raises privacy concerns
There's an update to today's top story. Hours after CNET reported on a bill rewrite that would give warrantless access to American's e-mail, the senator behind the legislation has abandoned his controversial proposal.
Other stories in today's tech roundup:
- Facebook is testing Photo Syncing for some iOS users. It automatically uploads images on a phone or tablet to Facebook, saving them in a private folder. Google+ has a similar feature called Instant Upload.
- YouTube users with anonymous nicknames can link with a Google+ account. Back in July, the only way to link a YouTube and Google account was to change a YouTube handle with a real name.
- Some Apple TV users are reporting the streaming box died after installing a software update.
- Skype now is selling gift cards.
- Nokia's Here Maps are now in Apple's app store.
Watch CNET Update in the video above, or subscribe to the podcast via the links below.
iTunes (HD) | iTunes (SD) | iTunes (HQ)
RSS (HD) | RSS (SD) | RSS (HQ)