As the principal HDTV reviewer here at CNET, I get a lot of requests that read something like this: "Nice reviews guy, but seriously, where's the review of the LGanasamsorny KDL-42PZA450U/37 I saw yesterday at Best Buy? AVS Forum has a 732 page owner's thread up already, and I'd really like to know what you think before I drop my hard-earned ducats."
I try to answer as many of these questions as I can politely and directly, but it recently occurred to me that readers may appreciate a list of what reviews I'm working on now and which ones are in the pike. So here it is, along with a few notes.
- Scheduled upcoming CNET HDTV reviews
- Panasonic TH-50PZ800U: One of two THX Display Certified plasmas. Review hopefully posting today. In the meantime, here's a related blog post.
- Philips 42PFL5603D: "Eco TV," Best of CES overall winner. Review posting next week. Related blog post.
- Sony KDL-46W4100: Least-expensive Sony 120Hz LCD. Review posting early the week of June 2.
- LG 50PG60: The second of two THX Display Certified plasmas. Review posting later in the week of June 2.
- Unscheduled upcoming CNET HDTV reviews, arranged in alphabetical order
- LG 50PG20: Entry-level 50-inch plasma
- Mitsubishi LT-46148: 46-inch flat-panel LCD with 120Hz
- Mitsubishi WD-65735: 65-inch rear-projection DLP
- Samsung HL61A750: LED-based 61-inch rear-projection DLP
- Samsung LN46A750: 46-inch high-end LCD; step-up to the Editors' Choice LN52A650
- Samsung SP-A800B: "Joe Kane" DLP projector. If you don't know, don't ask.
- Toshiba 42RV530U: Entry-level 1080p LCD
- Vizio VP322: Entry-level 32-inch plasma
- Vizio VP422: Entry-level 42-inch plasma
- Westinghouse VK-40F580D: 40-inch LCD with built-in DVD player
And before you use the comments section to ask why I don't review TVs more quickly (hey, I'm just one person) or why I'm missing a certain TV, please realize that I procure our HDTV review samples by asking manufacturers directly, and if said manufacturer doesn't want to send a particular model, or delays sending one for any reason, the review will be late. All "posting" dates are approximate, and this list represents only review samples that are either in-house now or for which I have signed product loan agreements. I have a verbal commitment from Pioneer for at least one of its 2008 Kuro models, for example, but until I get something in writing, it's not going to make the list.
On the other hand, I would love it if you used the comments section to tell me which HDTV you want me to review next, either from the unscheduled list or among other new models. Feedback on the selection above and HDTV reviews in general is also welcome.