More tiny laptops, broken OLPCs, and a factory inferno causes a battery shortage. This week's summary is presented in headline format, a favorite of rushed editors worldwide. (Everyone loves a list, right?)
- Second-gen Eee PC will have touch screen, GPS
- HP readying its own cheap mini-notebook?
- Taiwanese company introduces Eee PC-branded accessories
- First Intel netbook identified as 2go PC
- VIA Technologies preps an x86 chip for small notebooks
- How much will netbooks disrupt the PC market?
- Photos of a follow-up to the Classmate PC?
- OLPC keyboards apparently not childproof
- Dell announces sub-$1,000 Blu-ray laptop
- ...and finds a retail partner in India
- ...and might get burned by the subprime lending crash
- Factory fire is to blame for a laptop battery shortage
- Four Fujitsu LifeBooks receive Novell SUSE Linux certification
And finally, security researchers win $10,000 for hacking a MacBook Air in two minutes. Nice gig!
Have a great weekend!