We're never sure whether to believe some of the bizarre tales we hear coming out of China, (like the semi-regular stories about gamers dropping dead after marathon MMO sessions), but the widely read Shanghai Daily is reporting that a 20-year-old computer user was electrocuted earlier this week by his own machine in a freak accident. From the report:
The young man, who was identified as Wu, reportedly opened the external casing of the computer's CPU to prevent it from overheating because he didn't want to switch on the air conditioner in his home. According to the report, his sweaty legs came into contact with the computer's wiring, which might have caused a short circuit. The computer's internal voltage is as high as 380 volts, enough to give a deadly shock.