Congratulations to Peter Y. of Honolulu for winning a Penclic Bluetooth Mouse B2 in last week's giveaway, and to Billy D. of Cranston, R.I., for winning a copy of Nuance Dragon NaturallySpeaking Premium 12 speech recognition software the week before that. Guess what time it is. Time for another free TV!
This week, we're giving away a 40-inch LCD HDTV from TV manufacturer TCL (The Creative Life). With a suggested retail price of $400, the TCL L40FHDF12TA is one of the cheapest 40-inch televisions around (most of its competitors show up in the $600 range). Still, it delivers a better performance than the price might suggest, says CNET reviewer Ty Pendlebury.
Last year, in fact, it proved a best-seller among shoppers on Amazon, where it earned a reputation for its low price and "cheap and cheerful" picture.
Now, this is an old-school TV with a fluorescent backlight -- not one of them fancy LED jobs. Don't expect a lot of features from this bare-bones set with the uncatchy name (the base doesn't swivel, for example). Do, however, expect to get it for absolutely free. How? Read our rules below. And for yet another chance to win a free TV, enter CNET's Win It To Watch It sweeps.
- Register as a CNET user. Go to the top of this page and hit the "Join CNET" link to start the registration process. If you're already registered, there's no need to register again.
- Leave a comment below. You can leave whatever comment you want. If it's funny or insightful, it won't help you win, but we're trying to have fun here, so anything entertaining is appreciated.
- Leave only one comment. You may enter for this specific giveaway only once. If you enter more than one comment, you will be automatically disqualified.
- The winner will be chosen randomly. The winner will receive one (1) TCL L40FHDF12TA, with a retail value of $400.
- If you are chosen, you will be notified via e-mail. The winner must respond within three days of the end of the sweepstakes. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen.
- Entries can be submitted until Monday, October 21, 12 p.m. ET.
And here's the disclaimer that our legal department said we had to include (sorry for the caps, but rules are rules):
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. YOU HAVE NOT YET WON. MUST BE LEGAL RESIDENT OF ONE OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR D.C., 18 YEARS OLD OR AGE OF MAJORITY, WHICHEVER IS OLDER IN YOUR STATE OF RESIDENCE AT DATE OF ENTRY INTO SWEEPSTAKES. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, ALL U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS, AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Sweepstakes ends at 12 p.m. ET on Monday, October 21, 2013. See official rules for details.