Congrats to Cesar Q. of Kansas City, Kan., for winning two SanDisk Wi-Fi mobile storage devices in last week's giveaway. Ever get the urge to take a hammer to your smartphone or tablet? This week's prize is for you!
We're giving away a ShatterProof Screen Protector from mobile-device accessory maker Amzer. The superthin military-grade urethane film sticks on with the help of a wedge and promises to make your device indestructible. It has withstood a battery of ASTM tests prove its strength and hardness, and even endured a torture session by Crave's own Amanda Kooser, who took a power drill to a ShatterProof-wearing iPhone at CES earlier this year and reported that it emerged without a scratch.
Amzer makes ShatterProof Screen Protectors for a variety of devices, including the iPhone, Galaxy S3, HTC One, Microsoft Surface, and others, at prices between $29.95 and $39.95 (you'll pick the version that works for you).
Amzer is also tossing in a $50 gift card so you can do some extra shopping on the site, which in addition to its ShatterProof protectors, sells cases, headsets, chargers, batteries, and more.
So what do you have to do to win a free torture shield for your mobile device, along with $50 to spend on accessories? There are a few rules, so please read carefully.
- Register as a CNET user. Go to the top of this page and hit the "Join CNET" link to start the registration process. If you're already registered, there's no need to register again.
- Leave a comment below. You can leave whatever comment you want. If it's funny or insightful, it won't help you win, but we're trying to have fun here, so anything entertaining is appreciated.
- Leave only one comment. You may enter for this specific giveaway only once. If you enter more than one comment, you will be automatically disqualified.
- The winner will be chosen randomly. The winner will receive one (1) Amzer ShatterProof Screen Protector, plus one Amzer $50 gift card, with combined a retail value up to $90.
- If you are chosen, you will be notified via e-mail. The winner must respond within three days of the end of the sweepstakes. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen.
- Entries can be submitted until Monday, September 9, 12 p.m. ET.
And here's the disclaimer that our legal department said we had to include (sorry for the caps, but rules are rules):
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. YOU HAVE NOT YET WON. MUST BE LEGAL RESIDENT OF ONE OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR D.C., 18 YEARS OLD OR AGE OF MAJORITY, WHICHEVER IS OLDER IN YOUR STATE OF RESIDENCE AT DATE OF ENTRY INTO SWEEPSTAKES. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, ALL U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS, AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Sweepstakes ends at 12 p.m. ET on Monday, September 9, 2013. See official rules for details.