Last year, readers liked our CES swag giveaway so much that we're doing one again this year -- in a big way. CNET staffers collected so many great goodies at CES 2013 that we have enough freebies for two separate giveaways.
This week's winner will score, among other prizes, an itty-bitty 1GB NewKube Kube MP3 player; a Moshi VersaCover hard-shell case with foldable cover and stand for the iPad Mini; and a Twig bendable docking cable for the iPhone and iPod.
From Casio, there's a flash drive that can be worn as a bracelet, and another little flash drive from Pepcom. Then there's a much-abridged version of "Frankenstein" by Mary Shelley. It was automatically shortened using a language heuristics engine from Stremor, maker of the TLDR (too long; didn't read) content-condensing plug-in for Chrome.
Oh, and did we mention the "Always On" and "Apple Byte" stickers signed, respectively, by hosts Molly Wood and Brian Tong? It all comes in a sturdy SwissGear CheckPoint-friendly computer backpack from Wenger. Woot.
Altogether, this swag stash would run you about $220, but you have the chance to get the whole thing for free. How? Well, there are a couple of rules here and there, so please read carefully. And be sure to check back next Friday for part two of our awesome-stuff-from-CES giveaway.
- Register as a CNET user. Go to the top of this page and hit the Join CNET link to start the registration process. If you're already registered, there's no need to register again.
- Leave a comment below. You can leave whatever comment you want. If it's funny or insightful, it won't help you win, but we're trying to have fun here, so anything entertaining is appreciated.
- Leave only one comment. You may enter for this specific giveaway only once. If you enter more than one comment, you will be automatically disqualified.
- The winner will be chosen randomly. The winner will receive one (1) CES swag bag, with a retail value of about $220.
- If you are chosen, you will be notified via e-mail. The winner must respond within three days of the end of the sweepstakes. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen.
- Entries can be submitted until Monday, January 21, at 12 p.m. ET.
And here's the disclaimer that our legal department said we had to include (sorry for the caps, but rules are rules):
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. YOU HAVE NOT YET WON. MUST BE LEGAL RESIDENT OF ONE OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR D.C., 18 YEARS OLD OR AGE OF MAJORITY, WHICHEVER IS OLDER IN YOUR STATE OF RESIDENCE AT DATE OF ENTRY INTO SWEEPSTAKES. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, ALL U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Sweepstakes ends at 12 p.m. ET on Monday, January 21, 2013. See official rules for details.