First off, congrats to John M. of Winona Lake, Ind., for winning a Booq Cobra laptop backpack in last week's giveaway. Now, would you like a keyboard to go with that iPad touch screen? This week's giveaway will hook you up. We're offering a free TyPad, a unique iPad case with a built-in Bluetooth keyboard.
CNET's Josh Lowensohn gave the TyPad positive marks when he went hands-on with it a couple of years back. He tested the original TyPad, but we're giving away the latest version of the accessory, the TyPad 2, which is compatible with all iPads, including the newest model.
To use the TyPad, just slip your iPad into the top compartment and connect it with the soft-touch keyboard that sits in the bottom of the unit. The 1.2-pound case from Accessory Workshop has a built-in rechargeable lithium battery that keeps it powered up without leeching from your iPad's battery or taking up the device's 30-pin connector.
The keyboard, meanwhile, promises 90 minutes of uninterrupted use. When the battery gets down to about an hour, it will blink to let you know. There's also an on/off switch you can toggle to prevent draining the battery when you're not using the keyboard.
Normally, a TyPad 2 would run you $99.99, but this is your chance to get one free. So how do you go about doing that? There are a few rules, so please read carefully; there will be a test.
- Register as a CNET user. Go to the top of this page and hit the Join CNET link to start the registration process. If you're already registered, there's no need to register again.
- Leave a comment below. You can leave whatever comment you want. If it's funny or insightful, it won't help you win, but we're trying to have fun here, so anything entertaining is appreciated.
- Leave only one comment. You may enter for this specific giveaway only once. If you enter more than one comment, you will be automatically disqualified.
- The winner will be chosen randomly. The winner will receive one (1) Accessory Workshop TyPad 2 with a retail value of $99.99.
- If you are chosen, you will be notified via e-mail. The winner must respond within three days of the end of the sweepstakes. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen.
- Entries can be submitted until Monday, October 1, at 12 p.m. ET.
And here's the disclaimer that our legal department said we had to include (sorry for the caps, but rules are rules):
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. YOU HAVE NOT YET WON. MUST BE LEGAL RESIDENT OF ONE OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR D.C., 18 YEARS OLD OR AGE OF MAJORITY, WHICHEVER IS OLDER IN YOUR STATE OF RESIDENCE AT DATE OF ENTRY INTO SWEEPSTAKES. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, ALL U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Sweepstakes ends at 12 p.m. ET on Monday, October 1, 2012. See official rules for details.