Congrats to Junryo W. of Clarement, Calif., for winning last week's giveaway, a bag of Comic-Con swag straight from the show floor.
For the second and final part of our Comic-Con giveaway, we have a legendary prize. No, literally. We're giving away an AT&T LG Nitro HD smartphone signed by Bob Schreck, editor in chief of Legendary Comics, the book-publishing arm of Legendary Entertainment (Christopher Nolan's "Batman" movies, "Wrath of the Titans," "Sucker Punch," "The Town"). Please note that you'll be responsible for securing your own voice and data plan.
CNET editors have already given the LG Nitro HD high marks for its stunning 4.5-inch HD display, 1080p HD video, 8-megapixel camera, and support for 4G LTE. Imagine how favorably the Bob Schreck version of the Android device would be reviewed.
Normally, an LG Nitro HD would run you about $250, but this is your chance to get a free one signed by Bob Schreck, who has worked with comics luminaries such as Kevin Smith, Frank Miller, Paul Pope, and Matt Wagner.
We're also tossing in some extra Comic-Con goodies -- a stack of comics, a Legendary Comics T-shirt, and an uncorrected bound manuscript of "The Walking Dead: The Road to Woodbury" -- that bring the prize value to $300.
So how do you go about trying to win this gorgeous geek bundle? There are a few rules, so please listen up.
- Register as a CNET user. Go to the top of this page and hit the Join CNET link to start the registration process. If you're already registered, there's no need to register again.
- Leave a comment below. You can leave whatever comment you want. If it's funny or insightful, it won't help you win, but we're trying to have fun here, so anything entertaining is appreciated.
- Leave only one comment. You may enter for this specific giveaway only once. If you enter more than one comment, you will be automatically disqualified.
- The winner will be chosen randomly. The winner will receive one (1) AT&T LG Nitro HD smartphone signed by Bob Schreck, plus other Comic-Con freebies, with a retail value of approximately $300.
- If you are chosen, you will be notified via e-mail. The winner must respond within three days of the end of the contest. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen.
- Entries can be submitted until Monday, July 30, at 12 p.m. ET.
And here's the disclaimer that our legal department said we had to include (sorry for the caps, but rules are rules):
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. YOU HAVE NOT YET WON. MUST BE LEGAL RESIDENT OF ONE OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR D.C., 18 YEARS OLD OR AGE OF MAJORITY, WHICHEVER IS OLDER IN YOUR STATE OF RESIDENCE AT DATE OF ENTRY INTO SWEEPSTAKES. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, ALL U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Sweepstakes ends at 12 p.m. ET on Monday, July 30, 2012. See official rules for details.