The Kinect motion-control camera peripheral for the Xbox 360 will be available for $99 during the Black Friday/Cyber Monday period, according to Microsoft.
The discounted Kinect (it's usually $149) will be available from "participating retailers" from November 24 through November 28. Microsoft pointed us towards a few other deals on Xbox hardware and games as well, which include:
- Kinect from $99 (regularly $149)
- Three-month Xbox Live Gold subscription for $12.99 (regularly $24)
- Gears of War 3 for $39 (regularly $59)
- Forza Motorsport 4 for $39 (regularly $59)
- Dance Central 2 for $29 (regularly $49)
- Kinect Sports 2 for $29 (regularly $49)
- Xbox 360 consoles ($199 - $399) discounted by $50 to $100 (from November 24 through November 26 only)
The exact discounts and bundles offered on the console hardware will vary from store to store, and we're told these promotions will be offered by Target, Best Buy, and the other usual suspects. We'll offer updated info when we track down individual store by store deals. In the meantime, check out this hands-on (or is that hands-off?) video from last year for an idea of what the Kinect experience is like.
Microsoft Kinect: The software launch lineup