First, congrats to Kyle of Astoria, N.Y., for winning last week's Seagate Slim drive. Now onto this week, which has an extreme theme.
For those who are into shooting action sports--or just like the idea of a wearable camcorder--we're serving up the ContourGPS, a tube-style HD video camera that's helmet-mountable. When we reviewed an earlier version of it a couple of years ago, we liked its design and thought it offered great performance for a helmet cam (other mounts are also offered) but was a little lacking in the features department.
Well, since then Contour has bulked up that feature set, and now offers GPS tracking (in its high-end model), 1080 video capture, and a new Bluetooth accessory, the ConnectView card that turns an iPhone or Bluetooth-enabled iPod Touch into a live viewfinder (see video below) with the help of Contour's Viewfinder app. The company also makes loads of other accessories that will help you shoot in all kinds of situations (for video samples, check out Contour's blog).
Normally, this ContourGPS bundle would cost you about $350, but we're giving it away gratis. So, how do you try to win it? Let me enumerate the basic rules. Please read them carefully; there will be a test.
- Register as a CNET user. Go to the top of this page and hit the "Join CNET" link to start the registration process. If you're already registered, there's no need to register again.
- Leave a comment below. You can leave whatever comment you want. If it's funny or insightful, it won't help you win, but we're trying to have fun here, so anything entertaining is appreciated.
- Leave only one comment. You may enter this specific giveaway only once. If you enter more than one comment, you will be automatically disqualified.
- The winner will be chosen randomly. The winner will receive one (1) ContourGPS camcorder and Connect View Wireless Bluetooth Viewfinder for iPhone with a retail value of $350.
- If you are chosen, you will be notified via e-mail. The winner must respond within three days of the end of the contest. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen.
- Entries can be submitted until Monday, April 18, at 12 PM EST.
And here's the disclaimer that our legal department said we had to include (sorry for the caps, but rules are rules):
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. MUST BE LEGAL RESIDENT OF ONE OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR D.C., 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT DATE OF ENTRY INTO SWEEPSTAKES. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, ALL U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Sweepstakes ends at 12 PM EST on April 18, 2011. See official rules for details.