Update March 1, 2011: Check out our coverage of Panasonic's Spring press preview for more information.
Thanks to a "well-placed source" who tipped off the HD Guru, pricing on Panasonic's entire line of 2011 plasma and LCD TVs has been revealed.
The timing of the leak dovetails perfectly with the expiration of "ships in time to arrive by the big game" offers by online retailers of heavily discounted 2010 TVs.
Below we sum up the release dates and suggested retail prices of the new plasma TVs. It's worth noting that preorder pricing from retailer J&R has already shown up on CNET for some series, matching the leaked MSRPs exactly. Actual street/online prices will fall somewhat once these models, and TVs from other makers, hit more stores and competition sets in.
In addition to linking to previous CNET coverage of these sets from CES, we have also linked to the predecessor 2010 series, where applicable. If you're comparing pricing between similarly named 2011 and 2010 models--the 50-inch GT30 from 2011 lists for $700 more than the 50-inch GT25 from 2010 sells for right now, for example--be aware that the 2011 sets sometimes have more features and purported improvements in picture quality. That said, pricing on 2010 HDTVs is still excellent, and large price disparities are often difficult to justify.
- Panasonic TC-P55VT30: 55 inch, available April, $2,799
- Panasonic TC-P65VT30: 65 inch, available May, $4,299
Panasonic TC-PGT30 series: Step-down THX-certified successor to G25 and GT25 series.
- Panasonic TC-P50GT30: 50-inch, available March, $1,899
- Panasonic TC-P55GT30: 55-inch, available March, $2,199
- Panasonic TC-P60GT30: 60-inch, available April, $2,799
- Panasonic TC-P65GT30: 65-inch, available April, $3,699
Panasonic TC-PST30 series: Loses THX but otherwise very similar to GT30; Panasonic's least-expensive 3D plasma.
- Panasonic TC-P42ST30: 42-inch, available February, $1,099
- Panasonic TC-P46ST30: 46-inch, available February, $1,299
- Panasonic TC-P50ST30: 50-inch, available February, $1,499
- Panasonic TC-P55ST30: 55-inch, available February, $1,799
- Panasonic TC-P60ST30: 60-inch, available March, $2,399
- Panasonic TC-P65ST30: 65-inch, available March, $3,299
Panasonic TC-PS30 series: No 3D; successor to S2 series as least-expensive 1080p models.
- Panasonic TC-P42S30: 42-inch, available February, $799
- Panasonic TC-P46S30: 46-inch, available February, $949
- Panasonic TC-P50S30: 50-inch, available February, $1,099
- Panasonic TC-P60S30: 60-inch, available March, $1,899
- Panasonic TC-P42X3: 42-inch, available March, $599
- Panasonic TC-P46X3: 46-inch, available March, $699
- Panasonic TC-P50X3: 50-inch, available March, $799
Panasonic also provided pricing on six series of LCD and LED-based LCD TVs; check out the HD Guru's full post for details.
We will post reviews of select new models as soon as they become available to us. In the meantime, let us know in comments which ones most spark your interest.
Note: Prices on the 65-inch ST30 and GT30 models, as well as the 60-inch S30, have been updated since original publication to reflect new information we've received from a trusted source who requested to remain anonymous. We have also updated the VT30 to include pricing and availability provided by another, non-anonymous source.