For this week's giveaway, we've got one of the hot gaming accessories this holiday season, the Microsoft Kinect Sensor, courtesy of Target. Now we're not serving up the XBox 360 to go along with it, but if you were on the fence about picking one of these up, throw your entry in (post a comment), for a chance to win one. (Read our full review here).
We've been trying to get a hold of a Kinect for a while to give away for readers, and, luckily, Target agreed to provide one. Target says it has some of the best deals on tech items for the holidays. You can check them out on Target's Web site.
Normally, the Kinect Sensor would cost you $150, but we're giving one away gratis. So, how do you try to win it? Let me enumerate the basic rules. Please read them carefully; there will be a test.
- Register as a CNET user. Go to the top of this page and hit the "Join CNET" link to start the registration process. If you're already registered, there's no need to register again.
- Leave a comment below. You can leave whatever comment you want. If it's funny or insightful, it won't help you win, but we're trying to have fun here, so anything entertaining is appreciated.
- Leave only one comment. You may enter this specific giveaway only once. If you enter more than one comment, you will be automatically disqualified.
- The winner will be chosen randomly. The winner will receive (1) Microsoft Kinect Sensor with a retail value of $150.
- If you are chosen, you will be notified via e-mail. Winner must respond within three days of the end of the contest. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen.
- Entries can be submitted until Monday, December 20 at noon EST.
And here's the disclaimer that our legal department said we had to include (sorry for the caps, but rules are rules):
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. MUST BE LEGAL RESIDENT OF ONE OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR D.C., 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT DATE OF ENTRY INTO SWEEPSTAKES. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, ALL U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Sweepstakes ends at 12 PM EST on December 20, 2010. See official rules for details.