For this week's giveaway, we've got what you might call a VoIP phone on steroids. It's the Grandstream GXV3140 IP video phone and it has 4.3-inch color LCD built right into it, along with a full-duplex speaker phone and a lot of other features, such as access to real-time information through an integrated Web browser, RSS feeds of weather/news/stocks, Internet radio, and IM capabilities. Oh, and you can make free voice and video calls through Skype. (For more info, check out the Grandstream's Web site).
Normally, the Grandstream GXV3140 would cost you $250, but we're giving one away gratis. So, how do you try to win it? Let me enumerate the basic rules. Please read them carefully; there will be a test.
- Register as a CNET user. Go to the top of this page and hit the "Join CNET" link to start the registration process. If you're already registered, there's no need to register again.
- Leave a comment below. You can leave whatever comment you want. If it's funny or insightful, it won't help you win, but we're trying to have fun here, so anything entertaining is appreciated.
- Leave only one comment. You may enter this specific giveaway only once. If you enter more than one comment, you will be automatically disqualified.
- The winner will be chosen randomly. The winner will receive (1) Grandstream GXV3140 with a retail value of $250.
- If you are chosen, you will be notified via e-mail. Winner must respond within three days of the end of the contest. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen.
- Entries can be submitted until Monday, December 6 at noon EST.
And here's the disclaimer that our legal department said we had to include (sorry for the caps, but rules are rules):
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. MUST BE LEGAL RESIDENT OF ONE OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR D.C., 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT DATE OF ENTRY INTO SWEEPSTAKES. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, ALL U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Sweepstakes ends at 12 PM EST on December 6, 2010. See official rules for details.