We're on to the second week of our special two-week giveaway, with Microsoft sponsoring the giveaway and offering up a second Windows Phone 7 smartphone to one lucky winner. Once again, that phone is the just-released HTC Surround, which features built-in Yamaha "surround sound" speakers and a kickstand (sorry, no service is included). So, if you didn't win last week, try again!
The HTC Surround has a 1GHz processor, full wireless options, and a 5-megapixel camera. And as CNET editor Bonnie Cha said in her review, "Windows Phone 7 brings a fresh and friendly user interface, great multimedia capabilities, and an improved browser."
Normally, this Windows Phone smartphone would cost around $200, but we're giving one away gratis. So, how do you try to win it? Let me enumerate the basic rules. Please read them carefully; there will be a test.
- Register as a CNET user. Go to the top of this page and hit the "Join CNET" link to start the registration process. If you're already registered, there's no need to register again.
- Leave a comment below. You can leave whatever comment you want. If it's funny or insightful, it won't help you win, but we're trying to have fun here, so anything entertaining is appreciated.
- Leave only one comment. You may enter this specific giveaway only once. If you enter more than one comment, you will be automatically disqualified.
- The winner will be chosen randomly. The winner will receive (1) HTC Surround Windows Phone with a retail value of $200.
- If you are chosen, you will be notified via e-mail. Winner must respond within three days of the end of the contest. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen.
- Entries can be submitted until Monday, November 29 at noon ET.
And here's the disclaimer that our legal department said we had to include (sorry for the caps, but rules are rules):
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. MUST BE LEGAL RESIDENT OF ONE OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR D.C., 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT DATE OF ENTRY INTO SWEEPSTAKES. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, ALL U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Sweepstakes ends at 12 PM ET on November 29, 2010. See official rules for details.