These days, IT knowledge isn't just good to have, but apparently a must-have even for pre-schoolers. So, instead of spending money on a laptop-like toy with a tiny LCD screen this holiday season, why not get a real child-proof Netbook that will last the kid through his destructive years?
The PeeWee Pivot 2.0--a follow-up to the PeeWee Pivot Laptop Tablet--is a convertible laptop running on the previous-generation Atom N450 1.66GHz processor and integrated graphics chip. While $599 is pretty expensive for these specifications (considering a similar Netbook retails for about $300 these days), what sets the PeeWee Pivot 2.0 apart are its ruggedized features, 10.1-inch resistive touch screen and prebundled education software.
It even comes with a spill-resistant keyboard and accelerometer for auto screen rotation. This minilaptop was tested to survive drops up to 1.6 feet, which should help keep it ticking in the hands of most children.
PeeWee Pivot 2.0 tablet
- Intel Atom N450 1.66GHz processor
- 10.1-inch (1,024x600) resistive touch screen (optional upgrade to 1,366x768 resolution)
- 1GB RAM
- 160GB HDD
- Two USB ports, VGA output, Webcam, and memory card reader
- 10/100 Ethernet, 802.11n, and Bluetooth radios
- Spill-resistant keyboard, removeable handle, 1.6 feet drop-tested, built-in accelerometer
- 10.5 inches by 7.6 inches by 1.2 inches
- 3.7 pounds with six-cell battery
- Windows 7 Starter Edition
The PeeWee Pivot 2.0 tablet is available from the company's online store.
(Source: Crave Asia)