Attention all slobs: for this week's giveaway, we've got the Mint automatic floor cleaner that some people like to refer to as a robot. The Mint has a sophisticated NorthStar navigation system that allows it to navigate a room and get around obstacles, like chair and table legs, while picking up dust and nastier stuff. The company calls the system "indoor GPS."
CNET blogger Timothy Hornyak liked the Mint's simplicity, silent operation, and said it worked well as a light cleaner. Mint can clean hard floors with the included reusable microfiber cloths or disposable wet ones like Swiffer refills (see video below) and it recharges via a standard wall outlet.
Normally, the Mint automatic floor cleaner would cost you $200, but we're giving one away gratis. So, how do you try to win it? Let me enumerate the basic rules. Please read them carefully; there will be a test.
- Register as a CNET user. Go to the top of this page and hit the "Join CNET" link to start the registration process. If you're already registered, there's no need to register again.
- Leave a comment below. You can leave whatever comment you want. If it's funny or insightful, it won't help you win, but we're trying to have fun here, so anything entertaining is appreciated.
- Leave only one comment. You may enter this specific giveaway only once. If you enter more than one comment, you will be automatically disqualified.
- The winner will be chosen randomly. The winner will receive (1) Mint automatic floor cleaner with a retail value of $200.
- If you are chosen, you will be notified via e-mail. Winner must respond within three days of the end of the contest. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen.
- Entries can be submitted until Monday, November 15 at noon ET.
And here's the disclaimer that our legal department said we had to include (sorry for the caps, but rules are rules):
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. MUST BE LEGAL RESIDENT OF ONE OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR D.C., 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT DATE OF ENTRY INTO SWEEPSTAKES. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, ALL U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Sweepstakes ends at 12 PM EST on November 15, 2010. See official rules for details.