The OtterBox Defender Series case is arguably the most popular tough iPhone cases out there and we've got a Defender for the iPhone 4 ready to give away to one lucky winner. OtterBox says the Defender has a textured silicone exterior for an improved grip and the touch-screen membrane that protects the iPhone's display resists fingerprints. The case also includes a holster, and we have to say that this Defender has a better overall design than the Defender for the iPhone 3 and 3GS. It doesn't look and feel quite as bulky.
Normally, the OtterBox Defender case for iPhone 4 would cost about $50, but you have the chance to get it gratis.
So, how do you try to win this tough iPhone 4 case? Let me enumerate the basic rules. Please read them carefully; there will be a test.
- Register as a CNET user. Go to the top of this page and hit the "Join CNET" link to start the registration process. If you're already registered, there's no need to register again.
- Leave a comment below. You can leave whatever comment you want. If it's funny or insightful, it won't help you win, but we're trying to have fun here, so anything entertaining is appreciated.
- Leave only one comment. You may enter this specific giveaway only once. If you enter more than one comment, you will be automatically disqualified.
- The winner will be chosen randomly. The winner will receive (1) OtterBox Defender case for iPhone 4. Approximate retail value is $50.
- If you are chosen, you will be notified via e-mail. Winners must respond within three days of the end of the contest. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen.
- Entries can be submitted until Monday, August 16 at noon EDT.
And here's the disclaimer that our legal department said we had to include (sorry for the caps, but rules are rules):
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. MUST BE LEGAL RESIDENT OF ONE OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR D.C., 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT DATE OF ENTRY INTO SWEEPSTAKES. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, ALL U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Sweepstakes ends at 12 PM EST on August 16, 2010. See official rules for details.
See also: Top 25 tough iPhone cases (for iPhone 3 and 3GS)