OK, we're getting geeky this week and serving up Bigfoot Networks' Killer 2100 network interface card (NIC) for online gaming that Bigfoot touts as the "fastest Gigabit NIC on the planet for gamers."
The Killer 2100 is built around Bigfoot's Game Networking DNA technology, which includes a dedicated network processor (NPU), Advanced Game Detect, Windows stack bypass, Visual Bandwidth Control, and other optimizations to help reduce stuttering, freezing, and other symptoms associated with that dreaded thing we call lag. In other words, if you are hardcore gamer, the Killer 2100 will help give you that little advantage you need to gain the winning edge. Giddyup.
Normally, the Bigfoot Networks Killer 2100 would cost about $130, but you have the chance to get it gratis.
So, how do you try to win the Killer 2100? Let me enumerate the basic rules. Please read them carefully; there will be a test.
- Register as a CNET user. Go to the top of this page and hit the "Join CNET" link to start the registration process. If you're already registered, there's no need to register again.
- Leave a comment below. You can leave whatever comment you want. If it's funny or insightful it won't help you win, but we're trying to have fun here, so anything entertaining is appreciated.
- Leave only one comment. You may enter this specific giveaway only once. If you enter more than one comment, you will be automatically disqualified.
- The winner will be chosen randomly. The winner will receive (1) Bigfoot Networks Killer 2100 NIC gaming card. Approximate retail value is $130.
- If you are chosen, you will be notified via e-mail. Winners must respond within three days of the end of the contest. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen.
- Entries can be submitted until Monday, August 2 at 12 PM EDT.
And here's the disclaimer that our legal department said we had to include (sorry for the caps, but rules are rules):
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. MUST BE LEGAL RESIDENT OF ONE OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR D.C., 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT DATE OF ENTRY INTO SWEEPSTAKES. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, ALL U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Sweepstakes ends at 12 PM EST on August 2, 2010. See official rules for details.