Seagate just launched the newest version of its HD digital media player and has generously offered to give one away to a lucky Crave reader. As the follow-up to Seagate's FreeAgent Theater HD Plus, which we gave high marks, the new model is called the FreeAgent GoFlex TV because it's compatible with Seagate's new GoFlex external drives that can connect to both Mac and Windows PCs.
This is what Seagate has to say about the GoFlex TV HD:
"The GoFlex TV HD media player makes it easy to access, view, and play your digital media files on your home entertainment system. And because it works with just about every format available, you can enjoy all of your entertainment on your TV or in your home theater--from Flip videos to photos to DVDs--regardless of resolution."
And it's also got Netflix-streaming capabilities built in. (Check out the full product description at Seagate's Web site).
Note: This model doesn't come with a GoFlex drive to slip into the bay (there's a door on the front of the box), but Seagate offers bundles that include a drive.
Normally, the GoFlex TV HD would cost about $130, but you have the chance to get it gratis.
So, how do you try to win this Seagate digital media player? Let me enumerate the basic rules. Please read them carefully; there will be a test.
- Register as a CNET user. Go to the top of this page and hit the "Join CNET" link to start the registration process. If you're already registered, there's no need to register again.
- Leave a comment below. You can leave whatever comment you want. If it's funny or insightful it won't help you win, but we're trying to have fun here, so anything entertaining is appreciated.
- Leave only one comment. You may enter this specific giveaway only once. If you enter more than one comment, you will be automatically disqualified.
- The winner will be chosen randomly. The winner will receive (1) Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex TV HD. Approximate retail value is $130.
- If you are chosen, you will be notified via e-mail. Winners must respond within three days of the end of the contest. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen.
- Entries can be submitted until Tuesday, July 6 at noon EST.
And here's the disclaimer that our legal department said we had to include (sorry for the caps, but rules are rules):
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. MUST BE LEGAL RESIDENT OF ONE OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR D.C., 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT DATE OF ENTRY INTO SWEEPSTAKES. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, ALL U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Sweepstakes ends at 12 PM EST on July 6, 2010. See official rules for details.