You can get the full rundown on the company's product page, but the key here is that this stand not only looks sleek, it's also sturdy. "Unlike most stands," the company says, "the Joule won't tip over when using the iPad's touch screen, which allows you to better utilize your iPad on your desktop or kitchen countertop."
It's made in the USA from solid aluminum and comes in a polished finish or a black anodized coating (winner can choose the color).
Normally, the Joule would cost about $129, but you have the chance to get it gratis.
So, how do you try to win this iPad stand? Let me enumerate the basic rules. Please read them carefully; there will be a test.
- Register as a CNET user. Go to the top of this page and hit the "Join CNET" link to start the registration process. If you're already registered, there's no need to register again.
- Leave a comment below. You can leave whatever comment you want. If it's funny or insightful it won't help you win, but we're trying to have fun here, so anything entertaining is appreciated.
- Leave only one comment. You may enter this specific giveaway only once. If you enter more than one comment, you will be automatically disqualified.
- The winner will be chosen randomly. The winner will receive (1) Element Case Joule iPad stand. Approximate retail value is $129.
- If you are chosen, you will be notified via e-mail. Winners must respond within three days of the end of the contest. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen.
- Entries can be submitted until Monday, April 26 at noon EDT.
And here's the disclaimer that our legal department said we had to include (sorry for the caps, but rules are rules):
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. MUST BE LEGAL RESIDENT OF ONE OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR D.C., 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT DATE OF ENTRY INTO SWEEPSTAKES. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, ALL U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Sweepstakes ends at 12 PM EDT on April 26, 2010. See official rules for details.