For this week's installment of the weekly Crave giveaway, we're offering up our first assortment of gifts courtesy of Joby, which makes the popular line of flexible tripod accessories for digital cameras and other devices. As part of the package, we're even throwing in a product that hasn't hit stores yet, the Gorillatorch, a battery-powered light that has magnetic feet so it sticks to any metal surface (or just wraps around lots of stuff).
Normally, this package would cost around $100, but you have the chance to get the whole thing gratis.
So, how do you try to win a free Joby Gorillapod package? Let me enumerate the basic rules. Please read them carefully; there will be a test.
- Register as a CNET user. Go to the top of this page and hit the "Join CNET" link to start the registration process. If you're already registered, no need to register again.
- Leave a comment below. You can leave whatever comment you want. If it's funny or insightful it won't help you win, but we're trying to have fun here, so anything entertaining is appreciated.
- Leave only one comment. You may enter this specific giveaway only once. If you enter more than one comment, you will be automatically disqualified.
- The winner will be chosen randomly. The winner will receive one (1) Gorillapod Original, one (1) Gorillapod SLR, and one (1) Gorillatorch. Approximate retail value is $100.
- If you are chosen, you will be notified via e-mail. Winners must respond within three days of the end of the contest. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen.
- Entries can be submitted until Monday, August 24, at noon EDT.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. MUST BE LEGAL RESIDENT OF ONE OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR D.C., 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT DATE OF ENTRY INTO SWEEPSTAKES. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, ALL U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Sweepstakes ends at 12 PM EDT on August 24, 2009. See official rules for details.