Not everybody may be thrilled that the new iPhone 3G S looks exactly like the old iPhone. But its unveiling brought some good news for iPhone accessory manufacturers, especially those that make iPhone protective cases: they won't have to retool and create new accessories for the iPhone 3G S.
Case in point: Mophie's Juice Pack Air, an iPhone battery extender that doubles as a case and happened to be last week's Crave Giveaway of the week. (You can flip the battery on and off, so it'll only draw power when and if you want it to.)
Mophie claims the Juice Pack Air ($79.99)--which contains a 1200 rechargeable mAH battery and comes in black, white, or purple--nearly doubles the battery life of the iPhone 3G S. According to Mophie, here's the additional battery time provided by Juice Pack Air:
- Standby Time: Up to 270 hours
- Talk Time: Up to 4.5 hours (3G) Up to 10 hours (2G)
- Internet Use: Up to 4.5 hours (3G) Up to 8 Hours (Wi-Fi)
- Audio Playback: Up to 27 hours
- Video Playback: Up to 9 hours