It's a curious business when Best Buy employees ask you for your receipt as you leave the store.
But never so curious that you want to physically assault them.
More Technically Incorrect
- Half of relationships contain Netflix adulterers
- Qantas: Forget the Kindle, read a book we just wrote for you
- Annoyed theatergoer ejected after grabbing cell phone and tossing it
- 'Star Wars' and 'Doctor Who' fans in altercation at sci-fi convention
- Charges dropped against teen in science experiment 'bomb'
However, as CBS St. Louis reports, at the Fairview Heights Best Buy in St. Louis, an altercation allegedly occurred when a 61-year-old employee asked a couple if he could inspect their receipt.
Latoya Thompson, 38, allegedly found the request somewhat offensive. The result was that she has been charged with disorderly conduct and her 39-year-old husband Hickey with felony aggravated battery, after the employee was allegedly beaten to the ground.
It's impossible to know what sort of conversation took place and why emotions may have become inflamed.
Thankfully, the employee was not seriously injured and was not hospitalized.
As John Lennon almost sang: So this is Christmas?