I am on a breakfast panel on November 14 down in Mountain View at the Orrick offices down in Menlo Park. Being that I get back from Japan the day before with the requisite jetlag I should be in rare form.Here are just a few of the exciting topics:
- What does "commercial open source" mean and how is it different from "open source"?
- What benefits can I expect from releasing my product as open source? What are the costs?
- Does my choice of open source license matter?
- What do VCs think of the open source model?
- Does an open source company have better exit potential?
Moderator: Jim Black, Partner, OrrickPanelists include:
Bob Walters, President & CEO, Untangle
Andrew Aitken, Managing Partner, Olliance Group
Dave Rosenberg, CEO & Co-Founder, MuleSource
Philippe Cases, Venture Partner, Partech International