- Novell Financial Results for Fourth Fiscal Quarter and Full Fiscal Year 2007. $22 million was from Linux Platform Products, up 69 percent year-over-year
- Photoshop Insider ? Nikon D300 Review by Scott Kelby. The Photoshop guru likes the D300. Autofocus, lower noise, sensor cleaning, HDMI output. Wants: noise as low as the D3. "The only thing that I can think of that my D2Xs has, that my new D300 doesn't have, is High Speed Crop Mode."
- Auto Adjustments; Always, Never, Occasionally?--O'Reilly Digital Media Blog. Are photo auto adjustments finally getting worthwhile?
- Scary Santa pictures. 178 photos of various children crying on Santa's lap. Holiday cheer my left hind foot. Thank heavens my parents never made me do this.
- Google Zeitgeist 2007. Google's Zeitgeist reflects the fleeting popularity of search terms. Alas, Sudoku has faded from 2006 :(
- Google Developer Podcast: Android with Dianne Hackborn and Jason Parks. BeOS and Palm coders talk Android.
- Google Code Blog: Embed charts in Web pages with Google APIs. Cool embeddable chart feature. I couldn't figure out how to define data sets on first glance, though.
- Books: None of the Above: Books: The New Yorker. Malcolm Gladwell reviews James Flynn's "What Is Intelligence?": "An I.Q., in other words, measures not so much how smart we are as how modern we are."
- 451 CAOS Theory ? Open source fashion?! Nah.. The fashion industry picks up on the fashionable term "open source."
- JBoss Founder Marc Fleury Joins Appcelerator Board of Advisers. Outspoken JBoss ex-CEO can't stay out of the fray after all.
CNET Top 5
Reasons not to buy the Galaxy S5
Samsung's latest flagship smartphone has a lot to offer, but that doesn't mean you should buy one.