The Manager will engineer web and web 2.0 hosting platforms that meet the enterprise needs at J&J. The Manager will design platforms that are comprehensive enough to meet 80% of the needs, but flexible enough to adapt to the needs of the other 20%....The incumbent will stay current with developments in the open source community, identify new platforms and or modules that bring value to J&J along with conducting R&D work by installing, configuring, modifying, and testing existing Drupal modules.
The job description is a bit remarkable in the savvy it demonstrates for open-source innovation: Johnson & Johnson doesn't need a "100 percent solution." Such things don't exist, whatever your vendor may tell you. Johnson & Johnson instead is looking for an innovation platform that gets it 80 percent of the way to a complete solution, with the flexibility to enable that remaining 20 percent.
This is intelligent development, and intelligent hiring. Johnson & Johnson clearly has some experience with open source. It's about to get more.