Don Marti very generously gave me an hour of his time last week, and this podcast is the result. We talked about a range of things, including:
- The pull of open-source applications for open-source infrastructure;
- Microsoft's patent deals;
- The open-source sales cycle (with data on how long it takes for Alfresco to close deals, why people buy what they can get for free, and other interesting data);
- The end of proprietary software as we know it; and
- Other interesting things.
Don is the master editor, so you don't hear some of my goof-ups. But I thought he asked good, intelligent questions. I just hope my answers were roughly on par.