A trust called the Mallet Hill Trust is linked to Gates through one of the trustees, Bill McCaughan, Gossip Extra reported last week. McCaughan is a partner at the Miami branch of the Seattle-based K&L Gates law firm founded by Gates' father. Mallet Hill Trust is named as the buyer of the property which was recently purchased for $8.7 million in cash.
- Introducing kids to coding, one hour at a time
- 'Hour of Code' to teach kids as young as 5 to program
- Zuckerberg, Gates lead funding round for education not-for-profit
- Bill Gates: Microsoft has met with 'a lot' of CEO candidates
- Bill Gates: Prioritizing Internet access before malaria research is 'a joke'
That's pocket change for Bill Gates, who as the richest American, is worth around $66 billion.
An anonymous neighbor has claimed the homeowners association was recently approached to convert the 4-plus acre compound's unmanned gate to one guarded by round-the-clock security.
Gates has rented the same house before, using the horse-friendly property as a training ground for his daughter Jennifer, who is working toward becoming an accomplished world-class show jumping rider. She has competed in the Palm Beach, Fla., Winter Equestrian Festival in the past.
According to real estate site Zillow, the home was built in 2010, sits on 4.8 acres, and has four bedrooms, four-plus baths, and a 7,234-square-foot, open floor plan.
The horse-friendly features include two barns, 20 horse stalls, and a show-jumping arena.