- Here's a sampling of
green-tech news and quick commentary.
- Iogen Suspends U.S. Cellulosic Ethanol Plant Plans - Earth2Tech
There are two cases of planned next-generation plants shutting down, an indication of how the smallest changes can throw off the economics of fuel production.
- How Much Is Enough: How Long Should You Keep Your Computer Before Replacing It? - Planet Green
Some advice on how to keep your PC going a bit longer.
- Electricity From The Exhaust Pipe - ScienceDaily
Thermoelectricity is one of the more interesting areas of research and, to a some degree, commercial development.
- Rockport Capital closes third cleantech fund at $450M - VentureBeat
It is said to be the largest clean-tech fund ever. The firm thinks that exits are looking "rosier" all the time.
- Bad ethanol, good ethanol - IRIN Global via Biofuels News Digest
At the global food summit in Rome, politicians try to determine the extent of the impact biofuel production has on food prices.
- SunEthanol brings DuPont exec Frey in as CEO - Mass High Tech
As previously reported. Also on tap for SunEthanol is a $20 million series B venture capital round.