- A sampling of
Saving Energy in Data Centers with Smart Sensors and Algorithms - TreeHugger
Microsoft Research is looking to use sensors in power-gobbling data centers to make them more energy-efficient.
- SunEdison to Build Largest U.S. PV Farm - Greentech Media
Duke Energy will buy the electricity from SunEdison from this plant, which, at 16 megawatts, is expected to be the biggest photovoltaic-solar farm.
- Hydrogen-powered phones on the horizon - AFP
French researchers at STMicroelectronics say they are making a hydrogen fuel cell to charge cell phone batteries.
- Fungus That Produces Biofuels From Plants - ScienceDaily
A fungus that ripped through American soldiers' clothes and tents in World War II is being re-enlisted to break down plant wastes into sugars to make ethanol.
- Competing To Fuel The Future - Forbes
Here's a write-up of the ICE New England clean-energy start-up competition, with a photo gallery of small clean-tech companies.
- New Trend in Biofuels Has New Risks - The New York Times
Crops planted for biofuels are invasive species, which could negatively impact farms and ecosystems, a study finds.
- Energy Watchdog Warns Of Oil Production Crunch - The Wall Street Journal
The International Energy Agency has switched its tack to examine supply rather than just demand. And it's not pretty: "This is a dangerous situation," the chief economist says.
- HP Intros New Green Label, Launches Eco-Friendly Printers - GoodCleanTech
Hewlett-Packard has serious credibility when it comes to being green with recycling and energy efficiency programs. New "HP Eco Highlights" labeling gives consumers the ability to specifically choose green.