A sampling of green-tech news with quick commentary.
- Ocean Carbon: Dent In Iron Fertilization Hypothesis Previously Proposed To Address Climate Change - Science Daily
The idea of seeding the ocean with iron to create plankton blooms and sequester CO2 takes a hit in this study which finds that not a lot of carbon reaches the deep sea.
- Don't Single Out Ethanol on Land-Use Changes, Says Trade Group Chief - The New York Times
The EPA's proposal to include land-use changes when measuring the greenhouse gas emissions of ethanol has the industry and ag-friendly politicians riled up.
- 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid - Jay Leno's Garage
Watch this video to hear Jay Leno and a Ford engineer run through the nifty efficiency technologies in Ford's new Fusion, including a different kind of internal combustion engine.
- Optiwind Accelerating Wind Turbine Taps New Energy Fields - Inhabitat
Wind machine uses six turbines and a funnel to accelerate wind for midsize applications like schools and farms.
- Wave power device the 'anaconda' will be generating energy within five years - The Telegraph
A snake-like generator could supply 50,000 U.K. homes, but ocean power is years behind wind.
- Ford, Magna Can Look to Startups for Electric Focus Roadmap - Earth2Tech
Auto supplier Magna is struggling and may have trouble providing the goods for Ford's electric car production plans.
- Crap Happens: A Grist Special Report on How We Dispose of Our Poop - Grist
All you wanted to know but were afraid to ask on using human waste for energy.