- Here's a sampling of
green-tech news with quick commentary:
- Solazyme adds $45 million - Private Equity Hub
Algae-grower Solazyme is taking a different path to algae production than most to make renewable diesel, specialty chemicals, and food oils.
- Google ups investment into wind start-up Makani - Cleantech Group
Makani Power makes kites designed to make electricity from high-altitude wind.
- Sunrise Solar introduces solar sunroof - press release
From the company that does solar car parks is a solar sunroof for a car.
- Solar plane makes record flight - BBC News
A solar-power plane goes for three days using stored energy in a solar-powered battery.
- 10 things to know about Biden and energy - Earth2Tech
Good summary by Katie Fehrenbacher of Biden's energy-related policy positions.
- Bacteria power: Future for clean energy lies in 'Big Bang' of evolution - Science Daily
More research in mimicking photosynthesis to make fuels, this time with ancient bacteria.
- From rustbelt to greenbelt - Green Wombat Fortune.com
Solar helps bring manufacturing back to the Midwest U.S.
- India's Suzlon Energy encounters headwinds at home - WSJ.com
Word that some wind turbines are having technical problems.
- Where cell phones go to die - Technology Review
Cool photo gallery showing the inside of a cell phone recycling operation.