Angry Birds Space has reached another important milestone.
Rovio announced on its Twitter feed today that the game has been downloaded 100 million times since its launch in March. The news comes just over a month after Rovio announced that the title had hit 50 million downloads in its first 35 days of availability.
- Malware masquerading as Bad Piggies found on Google Play
- The next Angry Birds? Third-party game developers hope Rovio's backing gets them there
- Angry Birds creator Rovio says sales doubled last year
- Angry Birds cartoon to fly onto games and TV this weekend
- 'Angry Birds Toons' cartoon series to launch March 16
Back in April, Rovio said that Angry Birds space has become the "fastest-growing mobile game" ever released and had beat out all previous installments in the Angry Birds franchise. It appears, based on the span of time between announcements, that Rovio's game has watched its sales stay consistently strong since.
Angry Birds Space delivers the same sling-shotting, pig-hating experience found in previous games in the franchise, but adds a space element that includes gravitational pull. The app is available on both iOS and Android, as well as for PCs and Macs.