Two Brits who live for Star Wars have come close to dying for it, too.
The BBC reported Tuesday that a 20-year-old man and 17-year-old girl are in critical condition after apparently pouring gasoline into fluorescent light tubes and lighting them. Authorities believe they were filming a mock light sabre duel when one of the devices exploded in a wooded area at Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, according to the story.
It's likely no coincidence that the incident took place days after Star Wars sequel Revenge of the Sith opened in movie theaters. I'm sure the two were inspired by the movie's big light sabre battle scene. But (and I'm no scientist) it seems the two should have known they were playing with fire--literally.